Aarushi murder case: Talwars move SC on narco-analysis, brainmapping report
New Delhi: Dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, charged with killing their teenage daughter Aarushi, on Friday moved the Supreme Court seeking direction to CBI to place before the trial court narco-analysis and brain mapping test reports of their three helpers who were initial accused in the case.
Talwars approached the apex court challenging the order of the trial court and the Allahabad High Court dismissing their plea for a direction to the agency to produce the test reports of Raj Kumar, Vijay Mandal and Krishna in the trial court.
A bench headed by Justice B S Chauhan listed the case for hearing on October 7.
Opposing the plea of Talwars, the agency told the bench that it will file a short affidavit on their petition.
Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit in her bedroom on May 16, 2008. The initial suspicion went on Hemraj whose body was later found on the terrace at their residence in Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on the outskirts of Delhi.
The CBI case is that the murder of 14-year-old Aarushi five years ago was carried out by her parents and that no outsider was present.
The High Court, while dismissing their plea on narco-analysis and brain mapping test reports, however accepted their plea to have the sound simulation test report produced before the trial court.
The test was conducted by the CBI on the issue of how the Talwars could not hear anything when the murders were taking place.
The CBI Sessions court in Ghaziabad, where the trial is going on, had rejected these applications on June 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?
- 30 Dalit groups in Gujarat form united front to fight atrocities
- Praveen Rana named as Narsingh Yadav's replacement for Rio Olympics by WFI
- Jallikattu: Customs, traditions have to pass legal and constitutional test as well, says SC
- Milky Way's hot gaseous Halo spins like a disk!