Aarushi murder: CBI says Talwars destroyed evidence
Ghaziabad: Continuing its final arguments in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder, the CBI Tuesday told a special court here that Aarushi`s parents dressed up the crime scene and tried to influence a doctor who conducted the autopsy of the teenager.
Central Bureau of Investigation`s lawyer RK Saini accused dentists Rajesh and Nupur Talwar for their daughter Aarushi`s killing in 2008 and said the two used their home computer`s Internet all through the night of the murder, indicating that they were not asleep as claimed by them.
The special judge would next hear the case on Oct 17.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of their domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
The CBI claimed that the suspicion was on the Talwars as they disturbed the crime scene and destroyed evidence on Aarushi`s body.
Blood stains on the railing of staircases, lock and on the steps were found partially mopped, the CBI said, adding that this indicated the involvement of the dentist couple in the double murder.
The Talwars also tried to influence the doctor who performed the post-mortem on Aarushi, the CBI said.
The CBI lawyer said finger prints collected from the Talwars` house from a whisky bottle also suggested the involvement of the parents of the teenager in the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter