Aarushi murder: CBI turned the case against Talwars, says lawyer
Ghaziabad: The lawyer of Rajesh and Nupur Talwar on Friday said that the couple was framed in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder and the entire case was turned against them by CBI. Talwars` lawyer Tanveer Ahmed Mir cited reports of various tests and that of the post-mortem of the deceased before the special CBI court hearing the case.
CBI`s claim that Hemraj was murdered in Aarushi`s room is just an "imagination" and if he was killed there, why did the probe agency "fail to prove" that the domestic help was present in the room, Mir said on the second day of defence`s final arguments.
He said chance prints were taken from 24 places including walls, TV remote, kitchen and other places in Talwars` house, including Aarushi`s room, and tests were conducted by CFSL`s fingerprint expert AD Saha.
In his report, Hemraj`s finger print were not detected, Mir claimed.
"As per CBI`s theory, Hemraj was brutally hit with golf club in Aarushi`s room, so why his blood was not found there?" Mir asked.
He said polylite test was also conducted in Aarushi`s room but it did not find any DNA belonging to Hemraj.
The defence lawyer said the probe agency`s entire theory is based on three of the 39 prosecution witnesses -? CFSL expert Dr M S Dahiya, Dr Sunil Dohre and Dr Naresh Raj.
Mir rejected the theory of Naresh Raj that Hemraj`s condition showed he had a physical relationship. Raj had conducted post-mortem on Hemraj`s body.
The defence lawyer also refuted the statement of Dohre, who conducted Aarushi`s post-mortem. "Dr Dohre and Naresh Raj`s statement `changed` in between September 30 and October 26, 2009 when probe officer AGL Kaul contacted them for their `additional` statements," he said.
Mir claimed that Dohre`s statement recorded for the sixth time was totally different from the previous one recorded five times earlier.
"Like Dohre, Naresh Raj`s theory also came out one-and-a-half years after the crime," Mir said. Defence`s argument will resume on October 28.
Mir said on that day, he will present his arguments on use of golf club with which, as per CBI`s theory, Rajesh Talwar brutally hit Aarushi`s forehead and Hemraj`s head after finding them in a comprising position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Top 5 signs that your boyfriend is too controlling!
- Attack on CRPF convoy a desperate attempt to create problems: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- 'Udta Punjab' Box Office collection: Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt starrer crosses Rs 50 crore mark!
- 30 dead, 21 injured after bus catches fire in central China
- Revealed! Why 'Baahubali' didn’t feature a Bollywood star-cast!