Aarushi murder: Talwars` London-based witness fails to appear in court
Ghaziabad: A London-based DNA expert, who was to examine forensic documents provided by CBI in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case as a defence witness, did not turn up in the special CBI court here on Friday.
The Court of Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal fixed August 22 for next hearing to record the expert`s statement.
Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, who are facing trial for the murders of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, have made London-based DNA expert Dr Andre Semikhodskii their defence witness.
He will give his opinion on the case-related forensic documents provided by CBI to the dentist couple in the trial court.
Meanwhile, lawyers went on strike today following which hearings in other courts could not be conducted.
District Bar Association is observing strike from August 16 to August 20, demanding the formation of Allahabad High Court Bench in western Uttar Pradesh.
The work in various courts of district will also be affected tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- IIMC Results 2016: IIMC entrance exam result 2016 (www.iimc.nic.in) to be declared today on June 24, 2016
- Feeling depressed? Go for a walk!
- Pak, Afghan to set up bilateral mechanism to address border issues
- 'Finding Dory' Box Office collections: Opens well in India, mints Rs 7.68 crore!
- Two killed in truck collision in UP