Aarushi murder: Talwars` London-based witness fails to appear in court
Ghaziabad: A London-based DNA expert, who was to examine forensic documents provided by CBI in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case as a defence witness, did not turn up in the special CBI court here on Friday.
The Court of Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal fixed August 22 for next hearing to record the expert`s statement.
Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, who are facing trial for the murders of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, have made London-based DNA expert Dr Andre Semikhodskii their defence witness.
He will give his opinion on the case-related forensic documents provided by CBI to the dentist couple in the trial court.
Meanwhile, lawyers went on strike today following which hearings in other courts could not be conducted.
District Bar Association is observing strike from August 16 to August 20, demanding the formation of Allahabad High Court Bench in western Uttar Pradesh.
The work in various courts of district will also be affected tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog