Aarushi murder: Talwars make London-based DNA expert defence witness
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court on Monday rejected a petition by Rajesh and Nupur Talwar seeking from the probe agency tabular charts of the DNA samples of the deceased in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case.
The court of Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal, however, accepted the dentist couple`s request to present London-based DNA expert Dr Andre Semikhodskii as a defence witness.
The court has fixed August 16 as the date for recording Semikhodskii`s statement.
The Talwars are standing trial for the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj in the Ghaziabad CBI court.
They had told the court that CBI had not provided them with tabular charts of Aarushi and Hemraj`s DNA samples.
"The court accepted our application to summon the London-based DNA expert as a defence witness," said Manoj Sisodia, a counsel for the Talwars.
CBI lawyer RK Saini, meanwhile, contended that, as per a high court order, the investigative agency had provided all case-related documents to the defence.
On August 16, Semikhodskii is likely to give his opinion on the case-related forensic documents provided by CBI to the dentist couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail