Aarushi murder: Talwars make London-based DNA expert defence witness
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court on Monday rejected a petition by Rajesh and Nupur Talwar seeking from the probe agency tabular charts of the DNA samples of the deceased in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case.
The court of Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal, however, accepted the dentist couple`s request to present London-based DNA expert Dr Andre Semikhodskii as a defence witness.
The court has fixed August 16 as the date for recording Semikhodskii`s statement.
The Talwars are standing trial for the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj in the Ghaziabad CBI court.
They had told the court that CBI had not provided them with tabular charts of Aarushi and Hemraj`s DNA samples.
"The court accepted our application to summon the London-based DNA expert as a defence witness," said Manoj Sisodia, a counsel for the Talwars.
CBI lawyer RK Saini, meanwhile, contended that, as per a high court order, the investigative agency had provided all case-related documents to the defence.
On August 16, Semikhodskii is likely to give his opinion on the case-related forensic documents provided by CBI to the dentist couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic