Abandoned new-born girl dies of cold
Gurgaon: On a day the country observed the National Girl Child Day, a new-born girl was Thursday found dead near a government community centre here, police said. Investigators suspect the abandoned baby died of cold.
The baby`s body was found close to a Haryana Urban Development Authority community centre in Sushant Lok, police said.
"The baby might have been abandoned Wednesday night or early Thursday morning. It was wrapped in a cloth and was kept near a park wall," investigation officer Sub-inspector Prem Chand told IANS.
"The abandoned child might have died of cold," he said, adding that a passerby informed the police Thursday.
Every year, Jan 24 is observed as the Girl Child Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!