Abandoned new-born girl dies of cold
Gurgaon: On a day the country observed the National Girl Child Day, a new-born girl was Thursday found dead near a government community centre here, police said. Investigators suspect the abandoned baby died of cold.
The baby`s body was found close to a Haryana Urban Development Authority community centre in Sushant Lok, police said.
"The baby might have been abandoned Wednesday night or early Thursday morning. It was wrapped in a cloth and was kept near a park wall," investigation officer Sub-inspector Prem Chand told IANS.
"The abandoned child might have died of cold," he said, adding that a passerby informed the police Thursday.
Every year, Jan 24 is observed as the Girl Child Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind