Abandoned new-born girl dies of cold
Gurgaon: On a day the country observed the National Girl Child Day, a new-born girl was Thursday found dead near a government community centre here, police said. Investigators suspect the abandoned baby died of cold.
The baby`s body was found close to a Haryana Urban Development Authority community centre in Sushant Lok, police said.
"The baby might have been abandoned Wednesday night or early Thursday morning. It was wrapped in a cloth and was kept near a park wall," investigation officer Sub-inspector Prem Chand told IANS.
"The abandoned child might have died of cold," he said, adding that a passerby informed the police Thursday.
Every year, Jan 24 is observed as the Girl Child Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor