Abandoned new-born girl dies of cold
Gurgaon: On a day the country observed the National Girl Child Day, a new-born girl was Thursday found dead near a government community centre here, police said. Investigators suspect the abandoned baby died of cold.
The baby`s body was found close to a Haryana Urban Development Authority community centre in Sushant Lok, police said.
"The baby might have been abandoned Wednesday night or early Thursday morning. It was wrapped in a cloth and was kept near a park wall," investigation officer Sub-inspector Prem Chand told IANS.
"The abandoned child might have died of cold," he said, adding that a passerby informed the police Thursday.
Every year, Jan 24 is observed as the Girl Child Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees