Abandoned new-born girl dies of cold
Gurgaon: On a day the country observed the National Girl Child Day, a new-born girl was Thursday found dead near a government community centre here, police said. Investigators suspect the abandoned baby died of cold.
The baby`s body was found close to a Haryana Urban Development Authority community centre in Sushant Lok, police said.
"The baby might have been abandoned Wednesday night or early Thursday morning. It was wrapped in a cloth and was kept near a park wall," investigation officer Sub-inspector Prem Chand told IANS.
"The abandoned child might have died of cold," he said, adding that a passerby informed the police Thursday.
Every year, Jan 24 is observed as the Girl Child Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional