Abhishek Verma case: Court pulls up CBI
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday pulled up CBI for not formally seeking the extension of judicial custody of businessman Abhishek Verma and his Romanian wife who were arrested in connection with a corruption case.
Special Judge Sanjeev Jain was unhappy that CBI`s investigating officer (IO) came without any application to seek judicial custody of Verma and his wife Anca Maria Neascu.
"You (IO) have come to the court without any preparation. Is it a joke? You appear without any homework/preparation. The IO does not know anything," the judge said.
"Accused are standing in front of me and you are not prepared. If you want their judicial custody to be extended, then where is the application for it? What should I do? Should I release them?,"” the judge told the IO.
The court made the remarks while extending the judicial custody of the couple till September 17 in the two cases of corruption and forgery registered against them by CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- India to get access to almost 99% of US defence technologies: White House official
- IIFA Madrid: Priyanka Chopra steals the show, thanks Shiamak Davar troupe!-- See pic
- 16 Taliban militants killed in US drone strike
- 1975 emergency was black day for India: PM Modi
- Jacqueline Fernandez dusts down rumours on doing 'Don 3'!