Abhishek Verma, his wife sent to CBI custody
New Delhi: Navy War Room leak case suspect and alleged arms dealer Abhishek Verma and his wife were sent to CBI custody till August 21 by a Delhi court on Thursday.
Abhishek Verma has been book in two case of corruption by the CBI. He had allegedly accepted bribes to influence public servants to get a Swiss arms manufacturing firm off the government blacklist. The second relates to the fabrication of government documents.
Earlier, a Delhi court had on August 08 granted bail to the couple after CBI failed to file the chargesheet in the stipulated 60 day period after their arrest on June 8.
However, Verma along with his Romanian wife, were arrested afresh on August 08 by CBI in a forgery case lodged on the complaint of Sports Minister Ajay Maken.
While denying the allegations, Abhishek Verma had told the court that he had been falsely implicated by CBI.
"There was a deal between me and CBI as per which it had said that if I give evidence and depose against Tytler, the agency will not oppose my wife Anca`s bail in that case. I gave evidence against Tytler but CBI backtracked," Verma said.
The court, however had remanded Verma and his wife Anca Maria Neascu to seven days judicial custody till August 16 saying the matter is at an initial stage and the probe was on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!