Abhishek Verma, his wife sent to CBI custody
New Delhi: Navy War Room leak case suspect and alleged arms dealer Abhishek Verma and his wife were sent to CBI custody till August 21 by a Delhi court on Thursday.
Abhishek Verma has been book in two case of corruption by the CBI. He had allegedly accepted bribes to influence public servants to get a Swiss arms manufacturing firm off the government blacklist. The second relates to the fabrication of government documents.
Earlier, a Delhi court had on August 08 granted bail to the couple after CBI failed to file the chargesheet in the stipulated 60 day period after their arrest on June 8.
However, Verma along with his Romanian wife, were arrested afresh on August 08 by CBI in a forgery case lodged on the complaint of Sports Minister Ajay Maken.
While denying the allegations, Abhishek Verma had told the court that he had been falsely implicated by CBI.
"There was a deal between me and CBI as per which it had said that if I give evidence and depose against Tytler, the agency will not oppose my wife Anca`s bail in that case. I gave evidence against Tytler but CBI backtracked," Verma said.
The court, however had remanded Verma and his wife Anca Maria Neascu to seven days judicial custody till August 16 saying the matter is at an initial stage and the probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up