Abhishek Verma, his wife sent to CBI custody
New Delhi: Navy War Room leak case suspect and alleged arms dealer Abhishek Verma and his wife were sent to CBI custody till August 21 by a Delhi court on Thursday.
Abhishek Verma has been book in two case of corruption by the CBI. He had allegedly accepted bribes to influence public servants to get a Swiss arms manufacturing firm off the government blacklist. The second relates to the fabrication of government documents.
Earlier, a Delhi court had on August 08 granted bail to the couple after CBI failed to file the chargesheet in the stipulated 60 day period after their arrest on June 8.
However, Verma along with his Romanian wife, were arrested afresh on August 08 by CBI in a forgery case lodged on the complaint of Sports Minister Ajay Maken.
While denying the allegations, Abhishek Verma had told the court that he had been falsely implicated by CBI.
"There was a deal between me and CBI as per which it had said that if I give evidence and depose against Tytler, the agency will not oppose my wife Anca`s bail in that case. I gave evidence against Tytler but CBI backtracked," Verma said.
The court, however had remanded Verma and his wife Anca Maria Neascu to seven days judicial custody till August 16 saying the matter is at an initial stage and the probe was on.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Centre, CBSE propose NEET schedule; exam may be conducted in two phases
- North Korea's mid-range missile launch appears to have failed
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi may be summoned for questioning
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants face gigantic task of taming Suresh Raina's rampaging Gujarat Lions
- Thailand faces longest heatwave in 65 years