Absconding cash van driver arrested, looted money recovered
New Delhi: The driver of a cash van, who allegedly decamped with Rs 49 lakh, has been arrested along with one of his associates and the money recovered, police said on Thursday.
30-year-old Satish, who had joined Cash Management Services (CMS) as a driver under the false name of Sanjay, and his cousin Shailender have been arrested from Etah in Uttar Pradesh.
Satish had allegedly fled with the van carrying Rs 49 lakh yesterday while his colleagues were loading money in an ATM in Karol Bagh area of Central Delhi. The hunt is on for Satish`s third associate, Shailender`s brother Chhotu, who is still on the run.
"Satish was the mastermind of the loot and Shailender and Chhotu helped him in committing the crime. After driving away with the van, the three met in Raigarpura locality.
"Here they transferred the money in two bags following which Satish and Shailender left for Etah on a bike while Chhotu boarded a bus. The duo was tracked down through their mobile phone locations," said a police official.
During investigation, police found that Satish had joined CMS company on August 31 under the false name of Sanjay. The local address of Harkesh Nagar which he had provided while joining the company, was also found fake during the probe.
The incident took place around 11 am yesterday when the cash van reached an Axis Bank ATM at Fateh Singh road with driver Satish and three other employees Amit Mishra, Kapil and F D Sharma (guard) in it.
The guard and one cash loader took a box containing Rs 29 lakh to load in the ATM while the remaining was locked in a steel box with Satish and other man still inside the vehicle.
While the duo was busy loading cash in the ATM, Sanjay asked the third person to alight from the vehicle on some pretext. When he got down, Sanjay fled away with the vehicle along with the money, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal