Abusive SMSes sent to Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: A sacked official has allegedly
bombarded the Presidents Secretariat, where he was employed
earlier, with abusive SMSes, forcing Rashtrapati Bhavan to
lodge a complaint with the Delhi police.
The police has registered a case under section 66A
(punishment for sending offensive messages) of the Information
Technology Act against the Customs officer who was dismissed
Sources said President Pratibha Patil`s Secretary Christy
Fernandez had registered the complaint after a number of
abusive SMSes were received last month on his cellphone.
The crime branch of Delhi police is investigating an
ex-employee of the Presidents House in the case who was
allegedly sacked over two years back.
Sources said the sender of the SMSes was upset over his
dismissal from service at the Rashtrapati Bhawan and hence was
venting his anger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy