Abusive SMSes sent to Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: A sacked official has allegedly
bombarded the Presidents Secretariat, where he was employed
earlier, with abusive SMSes, forcing Rashtrapati Bhavan to
lodge a complaint with the Delhi police.
The police has registered a case under section 66A
(punishment for sending offensive messages) of the Information
Technology Act against the Customs officer who was dismissed
Sources said President Pratibha Patil`s Secretary Christy
Fernandez had registered the complaint after a number of
abusive SMSes were received last month on his cellphone.
The crime branch of Delhi police is investigating an
ex-employee of the Presidents House in the case who was
allegedly sacked over two years back.
Sources said the sender of the SMSes was upset over his
dismissal from service at the Rashtrapati Bhawan and hence was
venting his anger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi