Abusive SMSes sent to Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: A sacked official has allegedly
bombarded the Presidents Secretariat, where he was employed
earlier, with abusive SMSes, forcing Rashtrapati Bhavan to
lodge a complaint with the Delhi police.
The police has registered a case under section 66A
(punishment for sending offensive messages) of the Information
Technology Act against the Customs officer who was dismissed
Sources said President Pratibha Patil`s Secretary Christy
Fernandez had registered the complaint after a number of
abusive SMSes were received last month on his cellphone.
The crime branch of Delhi police is investigating an
ex-employee of the Presidents House in the case who was
allegedly sacked over two years back.
Sources said the sender of the SMSes was upset over his
dismissal from service at the Rashtrapati Bhawan and hence was
venting his anger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore