Abusive SMSes sent to Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: A sacked official has allegedly
bombarded the Presidents Secretariat, where he was employed
earlier, with abusive SMSes, forcing Rashtrapati Bhavan to
lodge a complaint with the Delhi police.
The police has registered a case under section 66A
(punishment for sending offensive messages) of the Information
Technology Act against the Customs officer who was dismissed
Sources said President Pratibha Patil`s Secretary Christy
Fernandez had registered the complaint after a number of
abusive SMSes were received last month on his cellphone.
The crime branch of Delhi police is investigating an
ex-employee of the Presidents House in the case who was
allegedly sacked over two years back.
Sources said the sender of the SMSes was upset over his
dismissal from service at the Rashtrapati Bhawan and hence was
venting his anger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?