Abusive SMSes sent to Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: A sacked official has allegedly
bombarded the Presidents Secretariat, where he was employed
earlier, with abusive SMSes, forcing Rashtrapati Bhavan to
lodge a complaint with the Delhi police.
The police has registered a case under section 66A
(punishment for sending offensive messages) of the Information
Technology Act against the Customs officer who was dismissed
Sources said President Pratibha Patil`s Secretary Christy
Fernandez had registered the complaint after a number of
abusive SMSes were received last month on his cellphone.
The crime branch of Delhi police is investigating an
ex-employee of the Presidents House in the case who was
allegedly sacked over two years back.
Sources said the sender of the SMSes was upset over his
dismissal from service at the Rashtrapati Bhawan and hence was
venting his anger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users