ABVP grabs 3, NSUI wins one seat in DUSU polls
New Delhi: Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), the students’ wing of the BJP, on Saturday bagged three out of four seats in the recently held Delhi University Students Union (DUSU) election.
However, Congress affiliated National Students Union of India (NSUI) grabbed the post of DUSU president.
NSUI nominee Ajay Chikara will be the new DUSU president, while ABVP candidate Vikas Choudhary was elected as the vice-president of the student`s body in the low-turnout elections that were held yesterday.
Only a little over 35 per cent of votes were registered in the high-stakes elections, thanks to the heavy rains that lashed the capital yesterday.
Chikara defeated his nearest rival Neha Singh of ABVP by a margin of 2,357 votes. While Chikara polled 11,164 votes, Singh got 8,807 votes.
The posts of vice-president, secretary and joint
secretary were all won by the ABVP, whose campaign was
centered on alleged corruption in the Congress-led UPA
Vikas Choudhary polled 11,855 votes, while NSUI`s
Bhupinder Choudhary got 8,075 votes in the elections to the
vice president`s post.
In the contest for the secretary`s post, ABVP`s Vikas
Yadav won by a margin of 2,351 votes defeating his nearest
rival of NSUI`s Parag Sharma.
ABVP`s Deepak Bansal will be the new joint secretary of
the DUSU as he trounced his NSUI rival Asish Choudhary by
Last year, the ABVP had won three of the top posts of the
student`s boy, including that of the president in the
elections whose campaign was centered around the alleged
corruption in Commonwealth Games.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks