ABVP, NSUI lodges FIR against each other
New Delhi: Ahead of the DUSU elections, Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad and National Students Union of India, the respective youth wings of BJP and Congress, lodged FIRs against each other for allegedly beating up their workers on Tuesday, police said.
The first complaint was lodged by a NSUI member who alleged that he was beaten up by the activists of ABVP at Hansraj College this morning, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sindhu Pillai said.
Meanwhile, this afternoon, another FIR was lodged by an ABVP activist that he was manhandled by the opposite camps members at Mall road today evening, he said
A case under Section 323 and 341 of the IPC has been registered and the further probes are on, the DCP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried