ABVP, NSUI lodges FIR against each other
New Delhi: Ahead of the DUSU elections, Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad and National Students Union of India, the respective youth wings of BJP and Congress, lodged FIRs against each other for allegedly beating up their workers on Tuesday, police said.
The first complaint was lodged by a NSUI member who alleged that he was beaten up by the activists of ABVP at Hansraj College this morning, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sindhu Pillai said.
Meanwhile, this afternoon, another FIR was lodged by an ABVP activist that he was manhandled by the opposite camps members at Mall road today evening, he said
A case under Section 323 and 341 of the IPC has been registered and the further probes are on, the DCP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000