ABVP, NSUI lodges FIR against each other
New Delhi: Ahead of the DUSU elections, Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad and National Students Union of India, the respective youth wings of BJP and Congress, lodged FIRs against each other for allegedly beating up their workers on Tuesday, police said.
The first complaint was lodged by a NSUI member who alleged that he was beaten up by the activists of ABVP at Hansraj College this morning, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sindhu Pillai said.
Meanwhile, this afternoon, another FIR was lodged by an ABVP activist that he was manhandled by the opposite camps members at Mall road today evening, he said
A case under Section 323 and 341 of the IPC has been registered and the further probes are on, the DCP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video