ABVP, NSUI lodges FIR against each other
New Delhi: Ahead of the DUSU elections, Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad and National Students Union of India, the respective youth wings of BJP and Congress, lodged FIRs against each other for allegedly beating up their workers on Tuesday, police said.
The first complaint was lodged by a NSUI member who alleged that he was beaten up by the activists of ABVP at Hansraj College this morning, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sindhu Pillai said.
Meanwhile, this afternoon, another FIR was lodged by an ABVP activist that he was manhandled by the opposite camps members at Mall road today evening, he said
A case under Section 323 and 341 of the IPC has been registered and the further probes are on, the DCP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam