ACB to scrutinise all records related to street light scam
New Delhi: Anti-Corruption branch which has registered a case in the street light purchase scam during the 2010 Commonwealth Games will scrutinize all records related to the deal.
"ACB will scrutinize all records related to the purchase of the street lights during the CWG scam. Let us see what comes out," an ACB source said today.
Anti-Corruption Branch had lodged an FIR in the street light project during the Commonwealth Games of 2010 in which former Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s role had come under the scanner.
The complaint was registered after the AAP government ordered a probe in this regard.
Although former Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit was not directly named in the FIR, but there is a line which says "under the chairmanship of former Chief Minister/ministers".
The FIR invokes IPC provisions relating to cheating (420), criminal conspiracy (120-B) and corruption under the Prevention of Corruption Act section 13 (1 c and d).
Dikshit was indicted by the High Level Committee headed by former CAG V K Shunglu which had said that "unusual interest" was displayed by her in awarding the contract.
The CAG had also, in a report in 2011, observed that "the decision to use imported luminaries on selected category of roads was not based on technical parameters, but was taken with the active involvement of the Chief Minister; this resulted in avoidable expenditure of more than Rs 30 crore".
The FIR was filed hours after the Delhi Cabinet asked the ACB to thoroughly investigate the "scam" based on "strong findings" in it by CAG and Shunglu Committee appointed by the Prime Minister.
"The ACB has been directed to conduct an independent and thorough investigation and take action. The ACB will file an FIR. Our motive is not to target a particular person," senior Minister Manish Sisodia had said.
Law Minister Somnath Bharti had also said that a number of Commonwealth Games related projects that were implemented during Dikshit`s reign will be probed by the ACB which functions under the Delhi Government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt