Accident insurance scheme for CNG-powered public transport drivers
New Delhi: An accident insurance scheme for around 2.50 lakh drivers of CNG-powered public transport will soon be launched in the city, Delhi`s Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami said on Monday.
He said that under the scheme, the family of a driver will be given Rs 1.5 lakh in case of death of a driver while driving the Public Transport vehicles.
An additional amount of Rs 25,000 towards children`s education allowance per child subject to a maximum of Rs 50,000 will also be given under the scheme.
In case of an accident requiring treatment for injury, a maximum sum of Rs 10,000 will be given to the driver.
In case of permanent disability that leads to loss of employment, then the driver and the family will be given a lump sum amount which will be finalised later.
Goswami said the insurance scheme will be run by Indraprastha Gas Limited.
"The drivers are the backbone of public transport sector. The drivers are generally the sole bread-winners of their families and keeping this in mind, it has been decided to launch an accident insurance schme for them," said Goswami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US