Accused seeks bail in Ponty Chadha shootout case
New Delhi: A Delhi court today reserved its order on the bail application of an accused in the case of murder of Ponty Chadha and his younger brother Hardeep at a farm house here, in which sacked Uttarakhand minority panel chief S S Namdhari has also been charge sheeted.
Narender Alawat, who worked for Ponty Chadha as a manager, has approached Additional Sessions Judge V K Yadav seeking bail on the ground that he had gone to the farmhouse on his directions. The shootout had taken place in November last year.
The court reserved the order after Alawat`s lawyer K K Manan and the Delhi Police concluded their arguments in the matter.
Alawat, who is in jail since February 14, has sought bail saying he needed to be treated for an injury in the leg he had suffered in the farmhouse incident.
His counsel claimed in the court that the police have not found any evidence against him which points towards his involvement in the crime. The police opposed his application for bail.
Ponty Chadha and Hardeep, who had an alleged property dispute, were killed in a shootout at a Chhattarpur farmhouse in south Delhi on November 17, last year.
Besides Namdhari, 21 others have been charge sheeted in the case. Namdhari and his PSO Sachin Tyagi face charges of murder, attempt to murder and other offences under the IPC besides cases under the Arms Act. Ponty has also been named as an accused in the charge sheet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi