Accused seeks interim bail in Nitish Katara murder case
New Delhi: An accused in Nitish Katara
murder case, against whom the trial was separated from that of
convicts Vikas and Vishal Yadav, on Friday approached a Delhi
court seeking interim bail for performing the last rites of
"Accused/applicant Sukhdev Pehalwan be kindly granted
the interim bail for 15 days to perform the `shradh` (last
rites) of his mother who passed away on November 10 at his
native place in Uttar Pradesh," the application filed before
Additional Sessions Judge J R Aryan said.
The court took the plea into the records and fixed it
for hearing on November 19, the next date of hearing.
It is hearing final arguments in the eight-year-old
murder case against Pehalwan, the third accused besides
Vikas and Vishal Yadav.
Pehalwan is standing trial separately from Vikas and
Vishal Yadav as he had absconded after the incident and was
arrested in 2005.
A Delhi court had earlier awarded rigorous life
imprisonment to Vikas and his cousin Vishal Yadav for their
role in the murder of Nitish, a business executive.
The Yadavs have filed appeals in the Delhi High Court
against their conviction in the case.
According to the prosecution, Pehalwan was present
with the accused Yadavs in their car after they had abducted
Nitish from a marriage function in Ghaziabad and killed him on
the night of February 16, 2002.
The Yadavs did not approve the affair of their sister
Bharti Yadav with Nitish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes