Acid hurled on woman in Delhi
New Delhi: A 21-year-old woman suffered burn injuries on her arm in an alleged acid attack carried out by two men in Nand Nagari area here on Friday.
The victim, police said, was returning home after meeting an acquaintence residing in GTB Enlcave when the men drew up on a motorcycle and the pillion rider allegedly hurled acid on her at around 8pm, police said.
The woman lives in Nand Nagri with her family and works in a private company, they added.
She escaped with minor burns on her right forearm, police said.
A police complaint has been lodged in this regard with Nand Nagri police.
Additional Commissioner of Police (north-east district) VV Chowdhury said no one has been arrested in the case yet.
"We have lodged a complaint against unnamed persons. She has suffered burns on her right forearm. We are yet to arrest the guilty persons. We are waiting for the girl to provide us with some clues and looking into the case from all angles," Chowdhury told PTI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself