Acid hurled on woman in Delhi
New Delhi: A 21-year-old woman suffered burn injuries on her arm in an alleged acid attack carried out by two men in Nand Nagari area here on Friday.
The victim, police said, was returning home after meeting an acquaintence residing in GTB Enlcave when the men drew up on a motorcycle and the pillion rider allegedly hurled acid on her at around 8pm, police said.
The woman lives in Nand Nagri with her family and works in a private company, they added.
She escaped with minor burns on her right forearm, police said.
A police complaint has been lodged in this regard with Nand Nagri police.
Additional Commissioner of Police (north-east district) VV Chowdhury said no one has been arrested in the case yet.
"We have lodged a complaint against unnamed persons. She has suffered burns on her right forearm. We are yet to arrest the guilty persons. We are waiting for the girl to provide us with some clues and looking into the case from all angles," Chowdhury told PTI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!