Acid hurled on woman in Delhi
New Delhi: A 21-year-old woman suffered burn injuries on her arm in an alleged acid attack carried out by two men in Nand Nagari area here on Friday.
The victim, police said, was returning home after meeting an acquaintence residing in GTB Enlcave when the men drew up on a motorcycle and the pillion rider allegedly hurled acid on her at around 8pm, police said.
The woman lives in Nand Nagri with her family and works in a private company, they added.
She escaped with minor burns on her right forearm, police said.
A police complaint has been lodged in this regard with Nand Nagri police.
Additional Commissioner of Police (north-east district) VV Chowdhury said no one has been arrested in the case yet.
"We have lodged a complaint against unnamed persons. She has suffered burns on her right forearm. We are yet to arrest the guilty persons. We are waiting for the girl to provide us with some clues and looking into the case from all angles," Chowdhury told PTI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- GST an example of how big tasks can be done if parties work together: PM Modi
- People forget celebrities are also human beings: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Bitter boxer Manoj Kumar appeals for PM's intervention to clear Indian boxing mess
- Finance Ministry recommends CBI probe into 80 kg of missing gold from IGI Airport
- Hotel rooms are so mainstream! Rent a vacation home this time