Action against 7 officials in Delhi gang-rape case
New Delhi: The government has initiated action against seven senior officers for dereliction of duty in connection with the December 16 gang-rape incident here.
Departmental proceedings have been initiated against a Special CP, a Joint CP, a DCP and an Additional DCP -- all IPS cadre -- and two DANIPS officers dealing with PCR Control Room and Traffic, official sources said.
Action has also been initiated against one senior DANICS officer posted as Secretary, State Transport Authority, Delhi government.
One inspector and seven constables have already been suspended besides the Assistant Secretary, Transport Authority of Delhi government.
Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna has also suspended two ACP rank officers immediately after the gang-rape incident. Thus, 11 officers of various ranks have been suspended and seven senior officers have been proceeded against, sources said.
The 23-year-old girl was gang-raped on a moving bus by six man on December 16 leading to huge public outrage. The girl died in a Singapore hospital on December 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- West Indies vs India, 2nd T20I: Wet outfield denies MS Dhoni & Co chance to level series
- Two minors held for gang-raping minor in Delhi
- Punjab seeks probe into AAP funding by radicals
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint