Action against 7 officials in Delhi gang-rape case
New Delhi: The government has initiated action against seven senior officers for dereliction of duty in connection with the December 16 gang-rape incident here.
Departmental proceedings have been initiated against a Special CP, a Joint CP, a DCP and an Additional DCP -- all IPS cadre -- and two DANIPS officers dealing with PCR Control Room and Traffic, official sources said.
Action has also been initiated against one senior DANICS officer posted as Secretary, State Transport Authority, Delhi government.
One inspector and seven constables have already been suspended besides the Assistant Secretary, Transport Authority of Delhi government.
Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna has also suspended two ACP rank officers immediately after the gang-rape incident. Thus, 11 officers of various ranks have been suspended and seven senior officers have been proceeded against, sources said.
The 23-year-old girl was gang-raped on a moving bus by six man on December 16 leading to huge public outrage. The girl died in a Singapore hospital on December 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'