Action against 7 officials in Delhi gang-rape case
New Delhi: The government has initiated action against seven senior officers for dereliction of duty in connection with the December 16 gang-rape incident here.
Departmental proceedings have been initiated against a Special CP, a Joint CP, a DCP and an Additional DCP -- all IPS cadre -- and two DANIPS officers dealing with PCR Control Room and Traffic, official sources said.
Action has also been initiated against one senior DANICS officer posted as Secretary, State Transport Authority, Delhi government.
One inspector and seven constables have already been suspended besides the Assistant Secretary, Transport Authority of Delhi government.
Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna has also suspended two ACP rank officers immediately after the gang-rape incident. Thus, 11 officers of various ranks have been suspended and seven senior officers have been proceeded against, sources said.
The 23-year-old girl was gang-raped on a moving bus by six man on December 16 leading to huge public outrage. The girl died in a Singapore hospital on December 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video