Action against 7 officials in Delhi gang-rape case
New Delhi: The government has initiated action against seven senior officers for dereliction of duty in connection with the December 16 gang-rape incident here.
Departmental proceedings have been initiated against a Special CP, a Joint CP, a DCP and an Additional DCP -- all IPS cadre -- and two DANIPS officers dealing with PCR Control Room and Traffic, official sources said.
Action has also been initiated against one senior DANICS officer posted as Secretary, State Transport Authority, Delhi government.
One inspector and seven constables have already been suspended besides the Assistant Secretary, Transport Authority of Delhi government.
Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna has also suspended two ACP rank officers immediately after the gang-rape incident. Thus, 11 officers of various ranks have been suspended and seven senior officers have been proceeded against, sources said.
The 23-year-old girl was gang-raped on a moving bus by six man on December 16 leading to huge public outrage. The girl died in a Singapore hospital on December 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'