Action launched against Delhi Election Commission officials
New Delhi: The Delhi Election Commission has launched criminal proceedings against some of its officials, including four senior officers, for their alleged involvement in harassment, criminal conspiracy and forgery.
The Commission has ordered filing of FIR against Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) Pawan Kumar and Assistant ERO Prem Chand for their alleged involvement in criminal conspiracy and forgery, a statement issued by the Commission said.
Departmental inquiries have been initiated against ERO Mukul Man Rai and the then AERO, Azad Singh, it said.
It had come to the notice of the Commission that forged voter cards were issued by a voter centre in Chattarpur, the statement said.
It said Salim had applied for a voter card on April 17 and during the process, his particulars were changed to that of Vikas Goel to help a tout. The voter card was prepared and handed over to the tout, it said.
In another instance, Rajeev Monga, who had applied for a voter card online, was surprised to see his address different from what he had specified. An inquiry revealed that staff of the voter centre had changed the address illegally with an intention to harass the applicant, it said.
The Commission lodged an FIR against the concerned data entry operators and terminated them from service, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach