Action launched against Delhi Election Commission officials
New Delhi: The Delhi Election Commission has launched criminal proceedings against some of its officials, including four senior officers, for their alleged involvement in harassment, criminal conspiracy and forgery.
The Commission has ordered filing of FIR against Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) Pawan Kumar and Assistant ERO Prem Chand for their alleged involvement in criminal conspiracy and forgery, a statement issued by the Commission said.
Departmental inquiries have been initiated against ERO Mukul Man Rai and the then AERO, Azad Singh, it said.
It had come to the notice of the Commission that forged voter cards were issued by a voter centre in Chattarpur, the statement said.
It said Salim had applied for a voter card on April 17 and during the process, his particulars were changed to that of Vikas Goel to help a tout. The voter card was prepared and handed over to the tout, it said.
In another instance, Rajeev Monga, who had applied for a voter card online, was surprised to see his address different from what he had specified. An inquiry revealed that staff of the voter centre had changed the address illegally with an intention to harass the applicant, it said.
The Commission lodged an FIR against the concerned data entry operators and terminated them from service, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi