Action plan to eliminate child labour soon: Delhi Govt
New Delhi: Delhi Government will soon
come out with an action plan to eliminate child labour from
the city and provide the vulnerable children shelter, better
education and health care facilities.
Delhi Labour Welfare Minister Ramakant Goswami said
government will soon chalk out an action plan to provide
better services to the marginalised, disabled, neglected and
vulnerable children of Delhi, particularly the child
He said Labour department, department of Women and
Child Development and Education Department have decided to
work in tandem to provide best facilities to the vulnerable
Goswami said government was determined to eliminate
child labour from the city and necessary action would be taken
in this regard.
He said the action plan will seek to integrate various
schemes like National Child Labour Project, Integrated Child
Protection Scheme, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan so as to maximise the
Goswami said a consultation will be organised soon
among the stakeholders including NGOs, MCD, Delhi Police,
UNICEF to finalise the action plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security