Activist moves NCW over Bhati`s comments against Durga Shakti
New Delhi: Taking strong objection to alleged improper comments made by SP leader Narinder Bhati against suspended IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal, social activist Nutan Thakur today filed a complaint with the National Commission for Women against the UP Agro chairman.
In her complaint, Thakur raised objections over the alleged usage of words like "aurat" and "behudgi" against the IAS officer, who clamped on sand mining mafia in Gautam Budh Nagar, in a video footage.
"I watched the video on Youtube where a lot of time beep was used. Moreover, usage of words like `aurat` and `behudgi` are abjectly improper and I have written a letter to Mamata Sharma, chairperson of the NCW to take cognisance of this serious issue and enquire into the matter. I have also requested her to initiate all legal proceedings as per the enquiry report," she said.
The video footage of the Samajwadi Party minister showed him bragging how he got the IAS officer suspended in 41 minutes.
"I spoke to Mulayam Singh Yadav and Akhilesh Yadav at 10.30 AM and at 11 AM the suspension order arrived...She behaved so badly and couldn`t last for 40 minutes after that. Within 41 minutes, the order came from Lucknow and she was suspended," the video showed him as saying.
Thakur had earlier also filed a PIL in the Allahabad High Court for a direction to Department of Personnel and Training (cadre controlling authority of IAS officers) to summon the file related to the suspension of Nagpal and cancelling the suspension if it was found to be illegal and improper.
The NCW Chairperson, however said that she has not yet received the complaint.
"I have not yet received any such complaint. If we get a complaint, we will definitely enquire into the matter and do the needful," Sharma told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!