Adarsh scam: Deadline to file reply ends Tuesday
New Delhi: The deadline for scam-tainted Adarsh Housing Society to file a reply to an Environment Ministry notice asking why its 31-storeyed high-rise in Mumbai should not be demolished expires on Tuesday.
Sources in the Ministry said that so far they have not
got any communication from the Society and the officials will
wait till on Tuesday before considering any action.
On November 12, the Society was served a notice by the
Ministry which said the building was built in violation of the
Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) notification and environment
The society on November 24 had sought four weeks` time
but the ministry on November 29 agreed for a seven-day
extension, giving the Society an option to appear with its
The scam relates to the controversial residential
block being built in Mumbai`s upscale Colaba in the
neighbourhood of naval establishments. It was originally meant
to be a six-storeyed apartment block for housing Kargil war
heroes and widows.
But, it was allegedly illegally converted into a
multi-storeyed structure in violation of green laws by the
controversial Society. The Environment Ministry has denied
giving it clearance at any stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof