Advani lays foundation stone for ambitious project
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader L K Advani on Sunday laid the foundation stone of an ambitious multi-storeyed community centre-cum-underground parking facility in a west Delhi locality.
The community hall-cum-multi level underground parking in an area of 8,145 sq metres, named after RSS ideologue Bhau Rao Devras, will be built in the next 18 months in Subhash Nagar at a cost of Rs 31 crore.
The community hall will have four levels one hall at ground floor having an area of 981 sqm, 10 rooms at first floor, five rooms and one hall each at second and third floors in the community hall, while the multi-level parking will have
three levels in which 236 cars can be parked.
Advani said, that this MCD project will be a blessing for the citizens of the area since the sites for social functions and parking are emerging as major problems in the city.
"This ambitious project needs commendation for the MCD, which planned the project and now working towards making it a reality for the citizens," he said.
Delhi Assembly Opposition Leader V K Malhotra said, the multi-level community centre will provide a large space for social functions and ceremonies.
"Cities like Delhi need more space, where people can gather and celebrate. This ambitious and unique project is a step forward in the direction of solution of the problem. As the number of vehicles on roads is increasing manifold, the
need for a parking space is growing fast," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH