Advocate arrested on rape charge, released on bail
New Delhi: A lawyer arrested for allegedly raping two women on different occasions has been granted bail by a Delhi court which asked him not to influence any of the complainants in the case.
Additional Sessions Judge V K Khanna enlarged the lawyer on bail on furnishing of a personal bond of Rs 25,000 with one surety of the like amount.
The court also asked him to furnish the same bail bond in another rape case lodged against him by.
While releasing the advocate on bail, the court said that he should "not in any manner influence the complainants or try to meet them, otherwise it will go against him".
The accused assured the court that he will abide by its directions and also cooperate in the case.
The lawyer was arrested by the police on September 16 after a 19-year-old girl lodged a complaint at New Friends Colony Police Station here alleging that she had been raped by him on the false pretext of marrying her.
During the hearing, the court had asked the complainant if she wanted to marry the accused. The girl replied that she will not enter into wedlock with the lawyer as she had been "cheated" by him.
In another case, a 27-year-old woman had alleged that the lawyer had established physical relations with her since 2011 during the pendency of a divorce case in which he was representing her.
The 19-year-girl had told the police that in March when the accused called her to his flat in south Delhi, the other woman (the second complainant) was also present there.
She said that as they both felt cheated, they decided to file complaints with the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015