Advocate arrested on rape charge, released on bail
New Delhi: A lawyer arrested for allegedly raping two women on different occasions has been granted bail by a Delhi court which asked him not to influence any of the complainants in the case.
Additional Sessions Judge V K Khanna enlarged the lawyer on bail on furnishing of a personal bond of Rs 25,000 with one surety of the like amount.
The court also asked him to furnish the same bail bond in another rape case lodged against him by.
While releasing the advocate on bail, the court said that he should "not in any manner influence the complainants or try to meet them, otherwise it will go against him".
The accused assured the court that he will abide by its directions and also cooperate in the case.
The lawyer was arrested by the police on September 16 after a 19-year-old girl lodged a complaint at New Friends Colony Police Station here alleging that she had been raped by him on the false pretext of marrying her.
During the hearing, the court had asked the complainant if she wanted to marry the accused. The girl replied that she will not enter into wedlock with the lawyer as she had been "cheated" by him.
In another case, a 27-year-old woman had alleged that the lawyer had established physical relations with her since 2011 during the pendency of a divorce case in which he was representing her.
The 19-year-girl had told the police that in March when the accused called her to his flat in south Delhi, the other woman (the second complainant) was also present there.
She said that as they both felt cheated, they decided to file complaints with the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Govt invites public comments on changing financial year
- Top Chinese general held in China's anti-graft campaign?
- Good news for home buyers! DDA Housing Scheme 2016 likely to be launched around Diwali
- Beware! No more selfie on board, DGCA taking cognizance
- Turkey PM vows retaliation after 'vile' Cizre attack