Afghan student in Delhi ends life over love
New Delhi: A Delhi University student hailing from Afghanistan committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan at his rented accommodation, police said Sunday, adding that he was depressed after being rejected by the woman he loved.
The man was found hanging by a bed sheet from the ceiling fan in his Model Town home in north Delhi around 11.30 a.m. by his landlord, who had come to visit.
Abdul Hamid, 22, was an undergraduate student of computer science at Hansraj College of Delhi University.
Police said a suicide note in Urdu was found inside the room.
"On a page in the suicide note, the man wrote a love poem. He also wrote that he would end his life, after having failed in love," a police officer said.
Hamid was a third-year student. His family has been informed, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH