Afghan student in Delhi ends life over love
New Delhi: A Delhi University student hailing from Afghanistan committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan at his rented accommodation, police said Sunday, adding that he was depressed after being rejected by the woman he loved.
The man was found hanging by a bed sheet from the ceiling fan in his Model Town home in north Delhi around 11.30 a.m. by his landlord, who had come to visit.
Abdul Hamid, 22, was an undergraduate student of computer science at Hansraj College of Delhi University.
Police said a suicide note in Urdu was found inside the room.
"On a page in the suicide note, the man wrote a love poem. He also wrote that he would end his life, after having failed in love," a police officer said.
Hamid was a third-year student. His family has been informed, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'