Afghan student in Delhi ends life over love
New Delhi: A Delhi University student hailing from Afghanistan committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan at his rented accommodation, police said Sunday, adding that he was depressed after being rejected by the woman he loved.
The man was found hanging by a bed sheet from the ceiling fan in his Model Town home in north Delhi around 11.30 a.m. by his landlord, who had come to visit.
Abdul Hamid, 22, was an undergraduate student of computer science at Hansraj College of Delhi University.
Police said a suicide note in Urdu was found inside the room.
"On a page in the suicide note, the man wrote a love poem. He also wrote that he would end his life, after having failed in love," a police officer said.
Hamid was a third-year student. His family has been informed, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Unbelievable: Thousands throng daily at Taiwan McDonald's store to see a girl – Know why
- Kusal Mendis inspires Sri Lanka to a 196-run lead over Australia on a topsy-turvy 3rd day
- Former BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu to join AAP on August 15?
- Bank employees to go on strike on Friday, services to be hit
- Avg 49 days of employment generated in 2015-16 under MGNREGA: Govt