Afghan student in Delhi ends life over love
New Delhi: A Delhi University student hailing from Afghanistan committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan at his rented accommodation, police said Sunday, adding that he was depressed after being rejected by the woman he loved.
The man was found hanging by a bed sheet from the ceiling fan in his Model Town home in north Delhi around 11.30 a.m. by his landlord, who had come to visit.
Abdul Hamid, 22, was an undergraduate student of computer science at Hansraj College of Delhi University.
Police said a suicide note in Urdu was found inside the room.
"On a page in the suicide note, the man wrote a love poem. He also wrote that he would end his life, after having failed in love," a police officer said.
Hamid was a third-year student. His family has been informed, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader