After discoms, Arvind Kejriwal orders CAG audit of BRT operator
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Tuesday ordered an audit into finances of Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS), which operates infrastructure projects including the controversial Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) corridor in the city.
"The government in its endeavour for transparent functioning has decided to seek an audit by the comptroller and auditor general (CAG).
"The Delhi cabinet gave its approval in a meeting today," a government spokesperson said, adding that the audit will be done from the time of DIMTS` inception in 2006.
This is the second such CAG audit ordered by the Arvind Kejriwal led Delhi government. Earlier, Kejriwal had ordered CAG audit of three private power distributors in the city.
Sources said the audit order has been given after a delegation of transporters had approached Kejriwal asking him to investigate the work done by DIMTS.
The delegation of transporters had met the Chief Minister earlier this month and was of the view that the new government should take a re-look at the projects awarded to DIMTS.
One of the transporter companies had alleged that DIMTS was not doing projects on their own, but "sub-letting" it to the contractors, giving work "without any proper price quotation".
Reacting to the allegations, a DIMTS spokesperson had told PTI, "Certain functions of some our projects have been outsourced like any other organisation or the government. We do it after all the due diligence and at the same time we are supervising all the aspects of the projects."
Demanding a critical examination of DIMTS projects, the transporters had stated that the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) last year had said a thorough scrutiny of all the records of the work done by DIMTS should be there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested