After Lokayukta order, Gupta files CBI complaint against Delhi CM
New Delhi: A Delhi BJP leader on Thursday filed a complaint with the CBI seeking a probe against Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for alleged misuse of public funds on an advertisement campaign ahead of assembly polls in 2008 for which the Lokayukta had indicted her last month.
Former Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta, in his complaint, mentioned about the Lokayukta order against Dikshit and alleged that she misused government machinery and public funds on the advertisement campaign.
"A complaint has been filed with the Director of CBI against Dikshit for alleged misappropriation of public funds and criminal breach of trust by misusing government machinery and public funds on the advertisement campaign during the election campaign in 2008," Delhi BJP Chief Vijay Goel and party leader Vijendra Gupta said in a joint statement.
They said a complaint against Dikshit was filed with Delhi police also, seeking investigation into the matter.
The Delhi Lokayukta on May 22 had held chief minister Sheila Dikshit guilty of allegedly misusing public funds for a series of advertisements carried out in print and outdoor media in 2007-08 with punchline "Delhi is changing".
Lokayukta justice Manmohan Sarin had recommended to President Pranab Mukherjee to "advise" Dikshit to reimburse either herself or through her party a sum of Rs 11 crore as half the cost of the advertisements in 2008 or any amount the President finds adequate.
The chief minister was holding charge of the department of information and publicity when the advertisement campaign was carried out.
The BJP had demanded Dikshit`s resignation following the Lokayukta order.
The Lokayukta had initiated the inquiry into the matter following a complaint filed in 2009 by Vijender Gupta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read