After losing power, Sheila Dikshit shifts to rented house
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After facing defeat at the hands of débutante Arvind Kejriwal of the Aam Aadmi Party in the Assembly Elections, Sheila Dikshit is all set to shift from six-bedroom bungalow to a three-bedroom flat.
Delhi`s three time chief minister, who was earlier residing at a sprawling, six-bedroom bungalow spread over 2.5 acres on Motilal Nehru Marg, in the heart of Lutyens` Delhi, is now shifting to a 2,000-sq ft, three-bedroom flat in Silver Arch apartment on Ferozshah Road in central Delhi.
According to DNA, Dikshit has inked an 11-month contract to rent the fifth floor apartment in Silver Arch.
Though Dikshit owns an apartment in south Delhi`s Nizamuddin East area, she has decided not to shift there as the building doesn`t have an elevator. It will be difficult for Dikshit, who is a heart patient, to climb stairs. “So she has decided to move into a rented house so her mobility is not restricted," DNA has quoted Dikshit`s close aide as saying on condition of anonymity.
As per the report, in her new three-room home in Silver Arch apartments, Dikshit will use one bedroom, convert another into an office and use the third as a library-cum-guest room. Along with her collection of over 500 books, the former Delhi CM will also take along 30 paintings, some artefacts and furniture. Since the new apartment is already fitted with air-conditioners, Dikshit has reportedly bought a refrigerator, a microwave oven and a few other home appliances.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan