Afzal Guru distances himself from High Court blast
New Delhi: Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, on Friday distanced himself from the Delhi High Court bomb blast, calling it a "barbaric crime" and "cowardly act" that must be condemned by all.
He said, no religion permits the killing of innocents and that he is "disturbed" by his name being dragged into the case.
Soon after the blast, an e-mail was received, said to have been written by Harkat-ul-Jihad, owning responsibility and demanding repeal of Guru`s death sentence.
Guru said, in a statement, circulated by his lawyer N D Pancholi, that his name was being dragged into the case to malign him and to cultivate public opinion against him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata