Afzal Guru distances himself from High Court blast
New Delhi: Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, on Friday distanced himself from the Delhi High Court bomb blast, calling it a "barbaric crime" and "cowardly act" that must be condemned by all.
He said, no religion permits the killing of innocents and that he is "disturbed" by his name being dragged into the case.
Soon after the blast, an e-mail was received, said to have been written by Harkat-ul-Jihad, owning responsibility and demanding repeal of Guru`s death sentence.
Guru said, in a statement, circulated by his lawyer N D Pancholi, that his name was being dragged into the case to malign him and to cultivate public opinion against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam