Agni-V reflects political will of UPA: Congress
New Delhi: The successful launch of Agni-V reflects the technical prowess of India and the government`s will to expand its strategic parameter, Congress spokesperson Manish Tiwari told reporters here on Friday.
"At another level it reflects and underscores the political will of the UPA (United Progressive Alliance) government to expand its strategic parameter while continuing with the policy of building friendly relationships across the world," Tiwari said.
"The government over the past eight years had systematically endeavoured to consolidate India`s strategic autonomy and expand its strategic space," he added.
Launching itself into an elite club of nations with the capability of hitting targets 5,000 km away, India on Thursday successfully tested the long-range nuclear-capable ballistic missile that can reach Beijing and Shanghai in China, and all of Pakistan.
Tiwari said that the India-US civil nuclear agreement had mitigated the technology denial regimes which had held the field for over three decades.
"…simultaneously the success of our space missile and strategic programme is a glowing testimonial to the foundation of self-reliance."
"All those people who talk of policy paralysis need to very seriously reflect on the manner in which India`s strategic space has expanded and its profile as an emerging great power has grown over the last eight years," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends