Ahead of Valentines Day, Delhi voted as `Love Capital`
New Delhi: The national capital on Wednesday got tagged as the "Most Lovable city of India" in an online campaign which saw voting by noted personalities from Bollywood, sports, theatre and literature.
The city garnered maximum votes in a special Valentine`s Day campaign `My Love Capital` initiated by an online shopping website, Snapdeal.Com, which handed over a trophy and a collage with photographs of the voters to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit here today.
Voting for the event began on February 4 and the website recorded votes from people across the country. Delhi emerged winner with 53,174 votes followed by Mumbai with 49,010 votes and Srinagar with 29,047 votes from all over India on its website mylovecapital.com.
"It is a very positive sign for Delhi. This is because, the city is loved by all the people around India," Dikshit said.
"Everybody feels at home here in Delhi," she added.
A total of over 4.5 lakh people participated in the voting. Celebrities like, writer and journalist Khushwant Singh, tennis player Sania Mirza, singer Abhijeet Bhattacharya, actor Ayushman Khurana, casting director Dolly Thakore shared their thoughts about their love capital of India and chose their favourite love spot across India.
The celebrities shared their opinion in the videos on the website. Khushwant Singh shared how memories of Delhi were still fresh in his mind, who has lived most of his life in the national capital. While Hyderabad and its hills seemed to have long lasting impact on Sania.
Singer Abijeet said he loved Mumbai most, and Ayushman Khurana confessed that he is confused between Delhi and Chandigarh.
Kunal Bahl, CEO and founder of snapdeal.Com said that there is so much of negativity around us and as a corporate social responsibility we can mobilize people around us with the campaigns like this with positivity as a result.
"We were really thrilled with so much of participation of people across the cities and towns of India. I never thought about this much response in the first year of the campaign," said Bahl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!