AI plane makes emergency landing after bomb threat
New Delhi: A Mumbai-Delhi Air India flight,
with 117 passengers and six crew members on board, on Tuesday night
landed under emergency condition at the airport here following
a bomb threat.
Soon after AI-888 took off from Mumbai at 7:00 pm, the
Air India call centre there received a phone call from an
anonymous person saying the aircraft was carrying a baggage
which had a bomb.
The pilot of Airbus A-319 was asked by the Mumbai ATC to
land at the nearest airport. However, since it was nearing
Delhi, the plane landed at IGI airport at 8.57 pm and was
immediately taken to the isolation bay.
The passengers were de-boarded by 9.15 pm as the police
and security personnel searched the plane and the baggage for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj