AI plane makes emergency landing after bomb threat
New Delhi: A Mumbai-Delhi Air India flight,
with 117 passengers and six crew members on board, on Tuesday night
landed under emergency condition at the airport here following
a bomb threat.
Soon after AI-888 took off from Mumbai at 7:00 pm, the
Air India call centre there received a phone call from an
anonymous person saying the aircraft was carrying a baggage
which had a bomb.
The pilot of Airbus A-319 was asked by the Mumbai ATC to
land at the nearest airport. However, since it was nearing
Delhi, the plane landed at IGI airport at 8.57 pm and was
immediately taken to the isolation bay.
The passengers were de-boarded by 9.15 pm as the police
and security personnel searched the plane and the baggage for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Terror motive suspected in Australia stabbing attack
- Indians wildly celebrating two 'losing' medals? This British journalist terms it EMBARRASSING!
- Driverless cars on the horizon, but India far from ready
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte says Southeast Asia will insist China respects sea ruling
- PC shipment grew 7.2% in Q2 2016, HP leads: IDC