AI plane makes emergency landing after bomb threat
New Delhi: A Mumbai-Delhi Air India flight,
with 117 passengers and six crew members on board, on Tuesday night
landed under emergency condition at the airport here following
a bomb threat.
Soon after AI-888 took off from Mumbai at 7:00 pm, the
Air India call centre there received a phone call from an
anonymous person saying the aircraft was carrying a baggage
which had a bomb.
The pilot of Airbus A-319 was asked by the Mumbai ATC to
land at the nearest airport. However, since it was nearing
Delhi, the plane landed at IGI airport at 8.57 pm and was
immediately taken to the isolation bay.
The passengers were de-boarded by 9.15 pm as the police
and security personnel searched the plane and the baggage for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming