AI plane makes emergency landing after bomb threat
New Delhi: A Mumbai-Delhi Air India flight,
with 117 passengers and six crew members on board, on Tuesday night
landed under emergency condition at the airport here following
a bomb threat.
Soon after AI-888 took off from Mumbai at 7:00 pm, the
Air India call centre there received a phone call from an
anonymous person saying the aircraft was carrying a baggage
which had a bomb.
The pilot of Airbus A-319 was asked by the Mumbai ATC to
land at the nearest airport. However, since it was nearing
Delhi, the plane landed at IGI airport at 8.57 pm and was
immediately taken to the isolation bay.
The passengers were de-boarded by 9.15 pm as the police
and security personnel searched the plane and the baggage for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'