Aide claims charges against Mirchi in UK dropped
London: British prosecutors, investigating
the case against Iqbal Mirchi, have dropped charges that he
threatened to kill a man in the UK and has discontinued
proceedings against him, the underworld don Dawood Ibrahim`s
close aide claimed on Monday.
While the Crown Prosecution Service declined to make any
comment, Muhammed Iqbal Memon, also known as Iqbal Mirchi said
in a statement said the allegations of threats to kill against
him were motivated and also blamed the Indian media for
portraying him in bad light.
"I am very grateful to the British Justice System for
investigating these false allegations against me so
expeditiously and discontinuing all proceedings against me.
"I have always protested my innocence and this has now
been proven. I believe that the allegations of threats to kill
against me were motivated by a conspiracy to blackmail me for
money which has been unsuccessful," he said.
Mirchi was earlier charged with attempted murder and
produced in the Redbridge Magistrates Court in the UK last
He was charged with threatening to kill a 41-year-old man,
identified as Nadeem A Kader who also lives in the Hornchurch
area of Essex where Mirchi owns a palatial six bedroom house.
Earlier reports had said that Kader was a nephew of Mirchi.
"I have been portrayed incorrectly by the Indian press for
over 20 years without any evidence. I hope this matter will
now bring an end to all malicious reporting against me.
"I am very thankful to god and happy that finally justice
has prevailed," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog