AIIMS entrance fraud: Court convicts Bihar native
New Delhi: A Bihar native has been held guilty of committing cheating, forgery and impersonation for writing the entrance test for another person for a paramedical course at All India Institute of Medical Sciences in 2001.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Shailendra Malik convicted Alok Kumar for impersonating as another Bihar native Rajiv Kumar and appearing for the entrance test for AIIMS BSc (Hons) Paramedical course for him.
"I conclude that CBI has established that it was accused Alok Kumar who appeared in examination of BSc (H) Paramedical course of AIIMS and impersonated as accused Rajiv Kumar," the court said convicting him for the offence of impersonation, cheating and forgery under the Indian Penal Code.
The CBI had chargesheeted Alok Kumar along with Rajiv Kumar for cheating, forgery and impersonation.
Rajiv, however, had pleaded guilty under the provisions of the plea bargaining during the trial on March 26, 2010 and was sentenced to two months imprisonment on September 9, 2010.
He was also directed to pay a compensation of Rs 25,000 to the state.
The probe agency had chargesheeted the duo on a written complaint by erstwhile AIIMS Director P K Dave, who had in a letter dated August 14, 2001 alleged that during the entrance examination for BSc (Hons) Paramedical course which took place on June 26, 2001 at a school here, eight instances of impersonation were detected by the counselling committee.
He alleged that the instances appear to be systematic, preplanned and organised action on part of some mischievous persons to obtain admission by unscrupulous means for consideration to destroy the sanctity of examination at AIIMS and to cheat persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- AAP's protest march to 7 RCR: Detained Delhi Dy CM Sisodia, 52 MLAs released by police
- 'Time to focus on cyber threats to aviation sector in India'
- Alien or rock formation? UFO hunters claim extraterrestrial presence on Mars! - See pic
- Government plans new category visa to attract foreigners, boost trade
- Mann Ki Baat: Declare undisclosed income, assets voluntarily by Sept 30, it is last chance, says PM Modi