AIIMS entrance fraud: Court convicts Bihar native
New Delhi: A Bihar native has been held guilty of committing cheating, forgery and impersonation for writing the entrance test for another person for a paramedical course at All India Institute of Medical Sciences in 2001.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Shailendra Malik convicted Alok Kumar for impersonating as another Bihar native Rajiv Kumar and appearing for the entrance test for AIIMS BSc (Hons) Paramedical course for him.
"I conclude that CBI has established that it was accused Alok Kumar who appeared in examination of BSc (H) Paramedical course of AIIMS and impersonated as accused Rajiv Kumar," the court said convicting him for the offence of impersonation, cheating and forgery under the Indian Penal Code.
The CBI had chargesheeted Alok Kumar along with Rajiv Kumar for cheating, forgery and impersonation.
Rajiv, however, had pleaded guilty under the provisions of the plea bargaining during the trial on March 26, 2010 and was sentenced to two months imprisonment on September 9, 2010.
He was also directed to pay a compensation of Rs 25,000 to the state.
The probe agency had chargesheeted the duo on a written complaint by erstwhile AIIMS Director P K Dave, who had in a letter dated August 14, 2001 alleged that during the entrance examination for BSc (Hons) Paramedical course which took place on June 26, 2001 at a school here, eight instances of impersonation were detected by the counselling committee.
He alleged that the instances appear to be systematic, preplanned and organised action on part of some mischievous persons to obtain admission by unscrupulous means for consideration to destroy the sanctity of examination at AIIMS and to cheat persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video