AIIMS-II launched in Haryana village
Gurgaon: The construction of the second campus of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS-II), perhaps bigger than the one in Delhi, began in a village in Haryana`s Jhajjar district Wednesday, an official said. It is being built at a cost of Rs.1,000 crore.
The new institute would house many such facilities which could not be created in the Delhi AIIMS due to lack of space.
Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad, accompanied by Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, laid the foundation stone some 25-km from here in Badhsa village.
"We are planning to have some national institutes of excellence here that will contribute to health research as well as framing of national health policies and programmes for implementation," Azad said during the ceremony.
The minister announced that the AIIMS Outreach OPD would be completed in next four months time, a nursing school would be set up through National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) and 5 to 10 per cent reservation would be given to youths of Badsha village in class-IV and other non technical jobs in the upcoming AIIMS-II.
He described it as the `Baadshah` (king) of the health institutes in the country. He said that this AIIMS-II would have a research institute, where the best health policies would be drafted.
The new AIIMS will alos house a National Institute where cancer, heart and infectious diseases would be treated.
He said that new technologies to provide health treatment at reasonable prices would also be researched.
Azad said that AIIMS is a big project and would take five to six years in completion. In the mean time, Outreach OPD would provide health services like general medicine, orthopedics, gynecologists and ENT among others.
He said that the government was looking for the required measurement of land in the neighbouring NCR region to set up a branch of AIIMS-II. This branch or the second campus of AIIMS-II at Badhsa will see modern, state of the art tertiary level health care being offered by several departments of AIIMS.
The member parliament from Rohtak, Dipender Hooda was also present on the occasion.
It`s the same Badhsa village where the 20 acres of land provided by the Haryana government to filmmaker Subhash Ghai `s Mukta Arts, an adjacent plot to AIIMS-II Tuesday was banned by the Punjab and Haryana High Court to carry out further activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!