AIIMS slammed for not giving artificial limbs to v
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Wednesday asked
the AIIMS to explain by Thursday its failure in complying with its previous order to provide artificial limbs to the victims,
injured in the bomb blast at the court`s reception counter on
September 7 last year.
A bench of Acting Chief Justice A K Sikri and Justice
Rajiv Sahai Endlaw issued notice to the All India Institute of
Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and directed its lawyer to explain
the non-compliance of its order.
The bench sought AIIMS explanation on a submission made by
Gaurav Bansal, the counsel for victims, that despite the
court`s earlier order nothing has been done for the victims and they have been running from pillar to post for artificial limbs.
The bench had directed the city government on January 11
to provide prosthetic limbs through All India Institute of
Medical Sciences (AIIMS) to the victims within a month.
The court had also directed the Delhi government to foot
the bills in case the victims get treated from any hospital
other than AIIMS.
The bench asked the city government to provide for
artificial limbs for blast victims on a public interest
petition by advocate Bansal, seeking a direction to the
government to provide prosthetic limbs to various blast
victims, including one Vipin Kumar Gautam.
According to the petition, Gautam became permanently
incapacitated as his left leg had to be amputated following
injuries sustained in the blast, which killed 17 people and
injured over 90 others.
When Gautam had approached the AIIMS for artificial limbs,
the institution asked him to foot the bills, leaving him
running from pillar to post for the artificial limb.
He pointed out that the court had on September 21 last
year directed the govt to pay Rs 10 lakh to the permanently
disabled victims and had also directed to provide free
treatments to the victims under its `Freeship Medical
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum