AIIMS staff arrested for kidnapping child
New Delhi: A sanitation staff employed with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here was arrested Sunday afternoon for kidnapping a two-year-old girl child, police said.
Deepak, who works as a sweeper at the premier medical facility, was caught in a Delhi Transport Corporation bus in a drunken state by some passengers with the child.
A police officer said Deepak was caught when a family that had boarded the bus from Delhi`s Andrews Ganj, raised an alarm after spotting the accused with the toddler crying in his lap.
"He was handed over to the police and questioned during which he accepted having kidnapped the girl," said the officer.
"Efforts are on to trace the child`s family," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption