AIIMS staff arrested for kidnapping child
New Delhi: A sanitation staff employed with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here was arrested Sunday afternoon for kidnapping a two-year-old girl child, police said.
Deepak, who works as a sweeper at the premier medical facility, was caught in a Delhi Transport Corporation bus in a drunken state by some passengers with the child.
A police officer said Deepak was caught when a family that had boarded the bus from Delhi`s Andrews Ganj, raised an alarm after spotting the accused with the toddler crying in his lap.
"He was handed over to the police and questioned during which he accepted having kidnapped the girl," said the officer.
"Efforts are on to trace the child`s family," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Turkey has shown no evidence of Gulen coup role: US
- At least 73 dead as pre-dawn earthquake hits central Italy
- FC Pune City rope in ex-Chelsea, Barcelona forward Eidur Gudjohnsen
- International Weightlifting federation names 15 re-test doping failures
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar