AIIMS staff arrested for kidnapping child
New Delhi: A sanitation staff employed with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here was arrested Sunday afternoon for kidnapping a two-year-old girl child, police said.
Deepak, who works as a sweeper at the premier medical facility, was caught in a Delhi Transport Corporation bus in a drunken state by some passengers with the child.
A police officer said Deepak was caught when a family that had boarded the bus from Delhi`s Andrews Ganj, raised an alarm after spotting the accused with the toddler crying in his lap.
"He was handed over to the police and questioned during which he accepted having kidnapped the girl," said the officer.
"Efforts are on to trace the child`s family," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened