AIIMS staff arrested for kidnapping child
New Delhi: A sanitation staff employed with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here was arrested Sunday afternoon for kidnapping a two-year-old girl child, police said.
Deepak, who works as a sweeper at the premier medical facility, was caught in a Delhi Transport Corporation bus in a drunken state by some passengers with the child.
A police officer said Deepak was caught when a family that had boarded the bus from Delhi`s Andrews Ganj, raised an alarm after spotting the accused with the toddler crying in his lap.
"He was handed over to the police and questioned during which he accepted having kidnapped the girl," said the officer.
"Efforts are on to trace the child`s family," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!