AIIMS student commits suicide in hostel
New Delhi: A 27-year-old pharmacology student was on Tuesday found dead in her hostel room in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here, police said. They suspect it to be a case of suicide.
Kirti Gokhar, pursuing her post-graduation, had consumed a poisonous substance, according to a medical report, police said.
The student, from Bhiwani in Haryana, was staying in the room along with another student.
"But she was alone in the room Monday night and was found dead at 11 am today," said a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015