AIIMS suspends top security officer
New Delhi: AIIMS has suspended and shunted out its Deputy Chief Security Officer Rajiv Lochan, booked by CBI for alleged irregularities in awarding contract related to installation of security equipment at the institute.
As per the suspension order dated November 29, Lochan has also been transferred to the Comprehensive Rural Health Services Project(CRHS) in Ballabhgarh and directed not to leave the headquarters without obtaining the permission of the competent authority.
His suspension order says that Lochan will be paid a subsistence allowance equal to the leave salary which he would have got on half of his average pay.
The CBI registered a case of alleged cheating and forgery against Lochan and Kamaljit Singh, the owner of Janakpuri-based Prehari Protection Services, on September 19.
CBI officials had also conducted raids at four places, including the house and office of Rajiv Lochan at AIIMS complex and at the official and residential premises of Singh in Janakpuri.
Sources said the matter is of 2009-10 when Prehari Protection was allegedly favoured by Lochan in the tendering for providing security guards and installation of security equipment on the premises of the AIIMS.
They said Lochan allegedly connived with Singh in extending favours to his company resulting in loss of Rs one crore to the exchequer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal