AIIMS to get new director
New Delhi: The premier All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) will finalise the list of candidates for the post of its new director at a meeting Sep 29.
The term of current director RC Deka is ending Sep 30.
The AIIMS institute body is expected to meet Sunday (Sep 29) to finalise and submit a list of those in running for the post, a senior health ministry official said.
The final clearance of the selection would be done by the cabinet.
The process of looking for a new director started two months ago, the official said.
The final list of the names would be cleared at the meeting, which would be headed by Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, who is the AIIMS president.
The last date of sending in applications was Aug 14.
Sources said the institute has received 70 applications for the director`s post. Applications have come from outside the institute and even the country.
Experts involved in the search process include senior officials from the health ministry, members of the University Grants Commission, representatives and members of the National Board of Examination and Indian Council of Medical Research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore