AIPA asks for common registration form for nursery classes
New Delhi: All Indian Parents Association (AIPA) on Friday wrote to the Director of Education demanding issuance of common registration form for admission in nursery classes in unaided recognised private schools following a new set of criteria issued by the Lt Governor Najeeb Jung recently.
"Since the Education Department has laid down uniform admission procedure for all unaided recognised private schools in the matter of admission in nursery classes (general category), it would be appropriate on the part of the Directorate of Education to prescribe common registration form for such admissions as has already been done in case of EWS admissions," said Ashok Agarwal, National President, AIPA.
AIPA said by prescribing common registration form for general category admissions also, the parents and students could be saved from exploitation at the hands of managements of unaided private schools.
If the Department takes such a step, it would go a long way in preventing commercialisation of education, said Agarwal.
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards