Air bases around Delhi put on high alert ahead of R-Day
New Delhi: In the run up to Republic Day on Jan 26, the Delhi airport and Hindon air base in nearby Ghaziabad were put on heightened alert on Saturday.
"It is a routine alert done ahead of Republic Day," a senior Indian Air Force (IAF) official said, requesting anonymity.
All the air defence components have been put in a state of utmost readiness.
"The Delhi Integrated Air Defence has been put on high alert. The air defence at the airbases in and around the capital will be in a state of readiness to counter any incoming threat from the sky," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today