Air bases around Delhi put on high alert ahead of R-Day
New Delhi: In the run up to Republic Day on Jan 26, the Delhi airport and Hindon air base in nearby Ghaziabad were put on heightened alert on Saturday.
"It is a routine alert done ahead of Republic Day," a senior Indian Air Force (IAF) official said, requesting anonymity.
All the air defence components have been put in a state of utmost readiness.
"The Delhi Integrated Air Defence has been put on high alert. The air defence at the airbases in and around the capital will be in a state of readiness to counter any incoming threat from the sky," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!