Air bases around Delhi put on high alert ahead of R-Day
New Delhi: In the run up to Republic Day on Jan 26, the Delhi airport and Hindon air base in nearby Ghaziabad were put on heightened alert on Saturday.
"It is a routine alert done ahead of Republic Day," a senior Indian Air Force (IAF) official said, requesting anonymity.
All the air defence components have been put in a state of utmost readiness.
"The Delhi Integrated Air Defence has been put on high alert. The air defence at the airbases in and around the capital will be in a state of readiness to counter any incoming threat from the sky," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender