Air hostess case: Notice to Kanda on police plea to cancel bail
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Thursday issued notice to former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, accused of abetting the suicide of former air hostess Geetika Sharma, on a police plea seeking cancellation of his bail.
Justice V.P. Vaish sought response from Kanda by May 1.
Earlier, the court sought Kanda`s response on plea of Geetika`s brother who also moved court for cancellation of Kanda`s bail, who was in jail for the past 18 months after being accused of abetting her suicide.
Delhi Police and Sharma`s brother contended that Kanda is an influential person and while on bail, will try to tamper with evidence and influence the witnesses.
Asking the court to cancel the bail, they said that the trial court has not taken into consideration all the aspects while granting him bail.
The trial court March 4 allowed the bail application of Kanda while observing that he was in judicial custody since August 2012.
The high court had earlier dropped the charge of sexual exploitation against him.
Kanda and his aide Aruna Chadha are accused of abetting the Aug 4-5, 2012, suicide of the 23-year-old former air hostess who left behind a note accusing the duo of harassing her.
The duo have been charged with abetting suicide, criminal conspiracy, forgery and hacking computers and sending offensive or false messages.
The Delhi High Court Feb 10 had granted regular bail to Chadha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!