Airlines employee objects to eve-teasing, stabbed to death
New Delhi: An employee of private airlines was stabbed to death outside his residence in South-West Delhi`s Palam area after he tried stop some unidentified men from molesting a girl.
Manoj Kumar Sharma, who worked as a technician for Indigo airlines, was returning home at around 10 PM on Wednesday night when the incident happened.
"Eyewitnesses said that when he reached lane number 41 he saw some miscreants eve teasing a girl, he stopped and tried to intervene and reason with them. One of them took out a knife and stabbed him in his abdomen and fled from the spot," said a police official.
Locals rushed him to Deen Dayal Upadhyay where he was declared brought dead. A case of murder against unknown has been registered at the Palam Village police station.
Sharma is survived by wife and a 11-year-old son.
In another incident reported from East Delhi`s Shakarpur area, a 35-year-old man was found dead with stab injuries near school block last night.
The deceased has been identified as Suraj, a TSR driver and a resident of the same block. Preliminary investigations revealed that the incident is a result of personal enmity between friends.
Investigations have thrown up the name of one youth called Sonu and police has launched a manhunt to nab him, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you