Airport Metro Express train to run every 15 mins
New Delhi: In good news for thousands of
commuters who use the corridor regularly, Delhi`s Airport
Metro Express trains will now run every 15 minutes through the
day with the operator increasing its frequency from Sunday.
A frequency of 15 minutes will be maintained from 5 AM to
11 PM, the service hours of the high-speed corridor.
Currently, trains on the 23-km high-speed corridor that
connects the city`s shopping hub of Connaught Place with the
Airport in 18 minutes run at a frequency of 15 minutes from 7
AM to 11 AM and 20 minutes thereafter and the DMRC has been
nudging the operator to increase the frequency.
The increase of frequency during peak hours comes over
five months after the Airport Express Line was opened to the
public on February 23.
"This will increase the train operation frequency by 33
per cent and will meet the growing demand of local and airport
bound commuters," a Reliance Infra spokesman said.
Lalit Jalan, CEO, Reliance Infrastructure said with the
increased frequency of 15 minutes, Delhi Airport metro is now
at par with major international airport metro like Heathrow
(London) and Hong Kong.
"Depending upon traffic flow and commuter`s feedback, we
further plan to increase the train frequency in future," he
Anil P Gupta, President, Reliance Infrastructure said,
"As per our internal study `Voice of Commuters`, there had
been a growing demand to increase the train frequency to every
To meet the growing demand of increased frequency, one
more train is deployed on the line taking the total number of
trains to four. Three more trains are also kept on standby for
the convenience of commuters and if required, could be
deployed in the service anytime, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof