Airport Metro Express turns one
New Delhi: International fliers can now hop
on to Delhi`s high-speed Airport Metro Express `baggageless`
with the much-awaited check-in facility for flights abroad at
its stations kicking off on Thursday on the first anniversary of the
National carrier Air India and private airlines -- Jet
and Kingfisher -- began the check-in facility at New Delhi and
Shivaji Stadium stations today, exactly a year after the
showcase line opened for the public.
While Air India has opened the facility for its flights
to five Gulf countries and Nepal, Jet Airways will provide the
facility for its flights to Nepal and Kingfisher to Hong Kong
Miza Muzaffar, a native of Muzaffarpur in Bihar, was the
first to avail the check-in facility at the Air India counter
at New Delhi station.
"I work in Abu Dhabi and I came to know about this
facility. I am happy that this opened. I got my boarding
card," he said.
The facility allows fliers to check-in their baggage
before boarding the Airport Metro Express to reach the new
swanky Terminal-3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport.
They will be given the boarding cards at the station itself.
The luggage will then be transferred to the train, which
has a dedicated space, and directly boarded to the respective
aircraft through a conveyor.
"Passengers have to check-in minimum two-and-a-half hours
prior to their flight time. Fliers can check-in and collect
their boarding cards maximum eight hours prior to their
flight time," a Reliance Infra spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown