Airport Metro Express undergoes safety test
New Delhi: The Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) on Tuesday began a two-day mandatory safety inspection of the high-speed Airport Metro Express Corridor.
The 23-km corridor connecting the city`s business centre of Connaught Place with Terminal-3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport was shut down temporarily in July last year after cracks were found in the civil structure.
After undergoing extensive repairs for the past six months, the high-speed corridor is now ready for inspection by the CMRS whose green signal is necessary for resumption of services.
CMRS RK Kardam carried out the inspection today and would continue with his work tomorrow as well.
The inspection has been pending for a few weeks now as the Delhi Metro sent in a request asking the CMRS to inspect the line in November.
Once the Line is cleared by Kardam, the operator - Reliance Infrastructure - would start services on the line within a couple of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says