Airport Metro Express undergoes safety test
New Delhi: The Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) on Tuesday began a two-day mandatory safety inspection of the high-speed Airport Metro Express Corridor.
The 23-km corridor connecting the city`s business centre of Connaught Place with Terminal-3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport was shut down temporarily in July last year after cracks were found in the civil structure.
After undergoing extensive repairs for the past six months, the high-speed corridor is now ready for inspection by the CMRS whose green signal is necessary for resumption of services.
CMRS RK Kardam carried out the inspection today and would continue with his work tomorrow as well.
The inspection has been pending for a few weeks now as the Delhi Metro sent in a request asking the CMRS to inspect the line in November.
Once the Line is cleared by Kardam, the operator - Reliance Infrastructure - would start services on the line within a couple of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'