Airport Metro line: UD sends status note to EGoM
New Delhi: The Urban Development (UD) Ministry has sent a status note on the Airport line metro to an Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) underlining several issues related to the service, including debt.
The airport metro line is being operated by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) after Delhi Airport Metro Express Private Ltd (DAMEPL) pulled out of the venture.
However, the issue pertaining to an estimated debt burden of around Rs 2,000 crore remains unresolved.
DMRC has already written to the UD Ministry stating it would need financial assistance from the government, although the government itself feels that Delhi Metro should raise the funds on its own.
Sources said that the ministry has sent the note to the EGoM on Mass Rapid Transit System, headed by Defence Minister AK Antony, for its consideration and guidance.
The ministry is learnt to have apprised the EGoM about all the issues related to the Airport line, including the two- member inquiry report which looked into the defects in the service, leading to a temporary suspension of operations.
The ministry is also learnt to have raised with the EGoM issues related to the security of the line, sources said.
While DAMEPL had been reluctant to use CISF for security, sources said that with DMRC taking over, there could be no hurdle in deploying the force.
DMRC had taken over the operations of the Airport line after concessionaire DAMEPL had said they would not be able to run the services beyond June 30, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened