Airport Metro resumes check-in facility at New Delhi station
New Delhi: Airport Metro has resumed check-in facility for domestic and international flyers at the New Delhi station.
At present, Air India and Jet Airways will provide domestic and international check-in at the station while talks are on with other airlines that have international service to set up their check-in counters at the station.
The check-in facility was first started in February last year. However, the Airport Metro was shut down last July due to safety issues and it resumed functioning in January this year.
The check-in facility, which started yesterday, will be available at the New Delhi Airport Metro station from 6 AM to 8 PM. Passengers will have to check-in minimum two and half hours prior to their flight time.
Passengers on domestic and international flights can check-in and collect their boarding passes maximum eight hours prior to their flight time.
"The city check-in facility at the Airport Metro stations will be highly beneficial for the domestic and international airline passengers, who can hand-over their luggage well in advance and utilize their time in a more fruitful manner.
"This would be immensely helpful for up-country passengers who wish to catch international flights," a company statement said.
Up-country commuters coming from states like Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab and Rajasthan can now conveniently check-in their luggage at the metro stations and collect their boarding passes well in advance.
Facilities such as cloak room, trolley and porter Service, radio cab service, Wi-Fi at stations among others are made available at the station for the passengers and the flyers.
Baggage check-in facility for both domestic and international passengers has been made to ensure hassle free travel.
Airport Express Line runs daily from 5.30 AM to 11.30 PM at a frequency of 15 minutes.
Reliance Airport Express Line, country`s first high speed Metro developed provides connectivity from New Delhi Railway Station to Indira Gandhi Airport (T3).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah