Airport Metro resumes check-in facility at New Delhi station
New Delhi: Airport Metro has resumed check-in facility for domestic and international flyers at the New Delhi station.
At present, Air India and Jet Airways will provide domestic and international check-in at the station while talks are on with other airlines that have international service to set up their check-in counters at the station.
The check-in facility was first started in February last year. However, the Airport Metro was shut down last July due to safety issues and it resumed functioning in January this year.
The check-in facility, which started yesterday, will be available at the New Delhi Airport Metro station from 6 AM to 8 PM. Passengers will have to check-in minimum two and half hours prior to their flight time.
Passengers on domestic and international flights can check-in and collect their boarding passes maximum eight hours prior to their flight time.
"The city check-in facility at the Airport Metro stations will be highly beneficial for the domestic and international airline passengers, who can hand-over their luggage well in advance and utilize their time in a more fruitful manner.
"This would be immensely helpful for up-country passengers who wish to catch international flights," a company statement said.
Up-country commuters coming from states like Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab and Rajasthan can now conveniently check-in their luggage at the metro stations and collect their boarding passes well in advance.
Facilities such as cloak room, trolley and porter Service, radio cab service, Wi-Fi at stations among others are made available at the station for the passengers and the flyers.
Baggage check-in facility for both domestic and international passengers has been made to ensure hassle free travel.
Airport Express Line runs daily from 5.30 AM to 11.30 PM at a frequency of 15 minutes.
Reliance Airport Express Line, country`s first high speed Metro developed provides connectivity from New Delhi Railway Station to Indira Gandhi Airport (T3).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray