Airport Metro resumes check-in facility at New Delhi station
New Delhi: Airport Metro has resumed check-in facility for domestic and international flyers at the New Delhi station.
At present, Air India and Jet Airways will provide domestic and international check-in at the station while talks are on with other airlines that have international service to set up their check-in counters at the station.
The check-in facility was first started in February last year. However, the Airport Metro was shut down last July due to safety issues and it resumed functioning in January this year.
The check-in facility, which started yesterday, will be available at the New Delhi Airport Metro station from 6 AM to 8 PM. Passengers will have to check-in minimum two and half hours prior to their flight time.
Passengers on domestic and international flights can check-in and collect their boarding passes maximum eight hours prior to their flight time.
"The city check-in facility at the Airport Metro stations will be highly beneficial for the domestic and international airline passengers, who can hand-over their luggage well in advance and utilize their time in a more fruitful manner.
"This would be immensely helpful for up-country passengers who wish to catch international flights," a company statement said.
Up-country commuters coming from states like Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab and Rajasthan can now conveniently check-in their luggage at the metro stations and collect their boarding passes well in advance.
Facilities such as cloak room, trolley and porter Service, radio cab service, Wi-Fi at stations among others are made available at the station for the passengers and the flyers.
Baggage check-in facility for both domestic and international passengers has been made to ensure hassle free travel.
Airport Express Line runs daily from 5.30 AM to 11.30 PM at a frequency of 15 minutes.
Reliance Airport Express Line, country`s first high speed Metro developed provides connectivity from New Delhi Railway Station to Indira Gandhi Airport (T3).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves