Airport Metro to accept payment by card
New Delhi: Credit and debit cards will be accepted at the ticket counters of the 23-km Airport Metro Express Line from Friday.
"Two swiping machines at each of the six metro stations will be operational from Friday," a Delhi Airport Metro Express Pvt Ltd (DAMEPL) official said.
"The counters will accept cards of any Indian bank -- like Visa, Master and Maestro -- for travel tokens and travel card top-ups," he said. "The minimum transaction will be for Rs.100 and maximum travel card recharge value will be Rs.1,000.
"This facility will provide (commuters) freedom from carrying currency, save hassles of change and availability of transaction receipts," the official said.
Built at a cost of Rs.5,700 crore, the high-speed Airport Express line has six stations: New Delhi Railway Station, Shivaji Stadium, Dhaula Kuan, Delhi Aero City, Indira Gandhi International Airport and Dwarka Sector 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what