Airport Metro to accept payment by card
New Delhi: Credit and debit cards will be accepted at the ticket counters of the 23-km Airport Metro Express Line from Friday.
"Two swiping machines at each of the six metro stations will be operational from Friday," a Delhi Airport Metro Express Pvt Ltd (DAMEPL) official said.
"The counters will accept cards of any Indian bank -- like Visa, Master and Maestro -- for travel tokens and travel card top-ups," he said. "The minimum transaction will be for Rs.100 and maximum travel card recharge value will be Rs.1,000.
"This facility will provide (commuters) freedom from carrying currency, save hassles of change and availability of transaction receipts," the official said.
Built at a cost of Rs.5,700 crore, the high-speed Airport Express line has six stations: New Delhi Railway Station, Shivaji Stadium, Dhaula Kuan, Delhi Aero City, Indira Gandhi International Airport and Dwarka Sector 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube